The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes rules on giving privacy information to anyone using our online services. Further information about your rights under GDPR can be found at www.ico.org.uk
This site is provided and supported by Medicinechest Ltd for Dispensing Centre.
You can contact our DPO by wiriting to Medicinechest Ltd, St. Mary's Court, The Broadway, Amersham, Buckinghamshire HP7 0UT
Where enabled, the online shopping function on this site is provided by HI Weldrick Ltd whose DPO you can contact in writing, c/o Data Protection Officer, Unit 3B White Rose Park, Ten Pound Walk, Doncaster, South Yorkshire DN4 5FB
- Dispensing Centre, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd take your privacy and data protection very seriously.
- Registration on this site is only requested if either online shopping or online nhs repeat prescription ordering is enabled on the site and used by you.
Medicinechest Ltd is your Data Processor for the purposes of providing the services available on this site - nhs online repeat prescription ordering and online appointment booking, the registered user information database.
- Where enabled our online retail sales are processed and filled on our behalf by HI Weldrick Ltd
- HI Weldrick Ltd is your Data Controller for the purposes of processing your online retail orders where shopping is available on website.
- Medcinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd privacy policies are available here and here.
- Your personal information is stored encrypted on servers in the UK and the EEA. Medicinechest Ltd may at times process or transfer your personal information outside the UK (and possibly to places outside the European Economic Area) to deliver site and app services, for example to process email and push notification updates. Medicinechest Ltd shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any transfer of your personal information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area, whose laws may provide for a lesser standard of protection for your personal information than that provided under European law, shall have adequate protection (such as model contractual arrangements as approved by the EU).
- We will otherwise never pass, sell or share your personally identifiable data to third parties except when legally required to do so or when you have specifically given us consent to do so.
You may review, edit, or soft delete your information at any time. ( Dispensing Centre and HI Weldrick Ltd are obliged to keep some data for certain periods of time for the purposes of patient safety, professional pharmacy regulations and NHS record keep and business processing and Medicinechest Ltd may also have to retain your data for those purposes only.)
- If you use the online shopping facility you will receive email updates on your order.
- If you use the online nhs repeat prescription facility on this site you will receive email updates on your prescription request and automated email reminders if you request them. If you use the MyPrescriptions mobile app for Android or IOS, in addition to email updates and reminders, you will receive push notification updates on your request and push notification re-order reminders.
- Every effort has been made to make sure our databases are secure. Your information can only be accessed by Dispensing Centre and trusted HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd staff and IT contractors. Occasionally, information may be viewed by trusted third parties such as Doctors and IT personnel for the purpose of improving this site.
- The site and app, our servers and third party service providers wherever they are based, have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information as well as the accidental loss, destruction or damage of your personal information whilst under our control.
- However, no data transmission over the internet can ever be guaranteed to be 100% secure and whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
- Your Community Pharmacist may use the information you supply to help in improving your wellbeing by informing your health decisions through advice, diagnostic testing and the management of chronic conditions. The information you supply here is important and will help Dispensing Centre, HI Weldrick Ltd and Medicinechest Ltd understand your health needs better and improve the service given to you.With your permission only, Dispensing Centre, Medicinechest Ltd and HI Weldrick Ltd may in future use this information to:
- Update you with information on services relevant to you provided by Dispensing Centre and the NHS.
- Update you with relevant pharmacy and general health, diet and wellbeing retail offers
- Update you with any public health alerts, drug recalls and changes in treatment advice and also information relevant to your condition(s)
- Medicinechest Ltd and Dispensing Centre may disclose depersonalised data (such as aggregated statistics) in order to describe sales, prescription demand, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to prospective partners, suppliers, medical researchers, sponsors, investors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose depersonalised aggregated data to third parties in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets.
- Medicinechest Ltd may disclose your personal data if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets.
- Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request. Examples of the type of situation where this would occur would be:
- the administration of justice
- where we have to defend ourselves legally
- complying with the mandatory requirements of a government department collecting information
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Medicinechest Ltd or users of our services.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following classes of data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you provide to us on our site (e.g. when requesting a prescription, requesting an online consultation, making purchases, subscribing to our newsletter, subscribing to be kept up to date, reporting a problem, writing a review, sending us correspondence or any details you provide when registering to use our site). This information includes your name (first and last name), address, phone number, e-mail address, financial and credit card information, order details (which will include the names and dosages of the medicines you require) and any other information that you provide us with.
Information we collect about you
We collect information automatically about your visit during your time on our website referred to as “cookies”. The information collected allows us to deliver you with a positive user experience when you browse the site. It also helps us to identify areas of improvement. For more information please see our cookies policy.
Information we receive from other sources We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, marketing agencies and credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this information with information you give us and information we collect about you.
What we do with your information
The information we collect is important to us as is allows us to better understand your needs and in turn provide you with a better service. Your information is used in a variety of means including:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To process prescription requests, purchases, refunds, exchanges and other transactions.
- To provide you with information about other goods and services.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service(s).
- To analyse for fraud protection and credit risk.
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may be of interest to you.
Social Media platforms
We operate social media platforms. These platforms are, in most cases, operated outside of the EU and do not comply with current Data Privacy Act and subsequent GDPR provision although they may well conform to the U.S Privacy Shield protocol. It is our process and protocol that any personally identifiable data gathered on these platforms is only in response to users interacting out of their own volition with our marketing pages. The contact is deemed as a legitimate business enquiry. The personal contact data is removed from the site once the enquiry is processed or the user has requested to do so.
Our website uses Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. We anonymise this data at the point of collection and automatically delete user and event data that is older than three years.
Sharing of information
We do not share, sell, lend or lease any of the information that uniquely identify a subscriber (such as email addresses or personal details) with anyone except to the extent it is necessary to process transactions or provide services that you have requested. In order to fulfil your order, process your payment details and to provide you with services, we may share your personal information with regulatory bodies and/or agencies, our trusted service providers including but not limited to payment gateway provider, delivery partners, analytics & search engine providers and credit reference agencies.
How we store your personal data
- Personal data is stored in the EU whether in digital or hard copy format.
- Personal data is stored in the US in digital format when the data storage company is certified with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to the website; and any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to other websites
You have the following rights under law in respect of your personal information:
- The right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal information;
- The right of access to your information to verify the legality of our use of it;
- The right to request that inaccurate or incomplete information about you is rectified;
- The right to request the deletion or removal of your information where there is no further reason for us to use it (such as you have withdrawn your consent);
- The right to request your information to be passed to another pharmacy;
- The right to restrict the use of your information;
- The right to obtain and reuse the information that we have about you for your own purposes;
- The right to object to certain uses (such as for marketing purposes); and
- The right not to be subject to a decision that has a legal effect on you that has been based on an automated decision.
West Midlands,CV6 5NN